Roasted Chicken Parts
You can use any kind of chicken parts. I used chicken thighs (bone in) the first time I tried this.
- 4 chicken thighs ( bone in )
- 4 – T olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herb (parsley – dill – or basil)
Heat oven to 450 degrees. Total cooking time is 30 to 40 minutes.
- Put pan in oven and add olive oil and let heat for 2 mins.
- Add chicken and turn a couple of times in the oil. Leave skin side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for 15 minutes
- Spoon a little of the chicken juices onto of the chicken. Sprinkle 1/4 of herbs on top of chicken. Turn chicken. Spoon a little of the chicken juices onto of the chicken. Sprinkle this side with 1/4 herbs and salt and pepper. Cook for 10
- Turn chicken over, skin side up again. Spoon a little of the chicken juices onto of the chicken. Sprinkle with 1/4 herbs. Cook until done, about 5 to 15 minutes. Instant read meat thermometer should read 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven when done. Garnish with remaining herbs. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.